22.8.15

What's in my Bag?

This is one of my favourite types of posts to read/videos to watch, so I thought I would share what's going on in my purse. My bag has not been prepped for this post, so here's a look at what I actually keep in my bag. I'll just be pulling things out and describing them, so you can imagine you're right there with me as all this is happening.

First off, let me introduce my bag. No, it's not designed by any means, nor is it a very special and exclusive bag. This is a black purse from H&M, it's very sturdy and roomy. It has a large front pocket, and comes with a shoulder strap. It has studs on the bottom to keep the bottom clean, and I love the gold detail!



I always have two purses in use, one that is small, that doesn't fit very much, and I use that if I only need to bring my keys, wallet, and a phone charger. Otherwise, I use my bigger purse for things like going to the university for class, spending the day out, or mostly anything that requires me to bring stuff!




So as I reach my hand in, the first thing that grazes my fingertips is a bunch of chargers: my phone (Samsung Galaxy Alpha) charger, my iPad charger (plus the adapter), my iPod charger, and my PowerBank + cable (this handy little thing is a life saver) that I bought from Stitches. 



The next thing here, which is also the biggest, is my iPad. I believe that this is a 4th generation iPad. And this incredible "case" for it is a keyboard! I got this from Costco; it's by the brand ZAGG. I take all my notes during class on this, and there are really useful buttons (that worked best with earlier iOS's) like Homescreen, off, play/pause, cut/copy/paste, etc. It connects via bluetooth (it works with my phone too!) but unfortunately I can't find it on the website anymore.



Next is my wallet(s). Normally, I only carry one wallet, my big one in my big purse and my small one in my small purse. But I guess I must have gotten lazy and thrown my small wallet into my big purse when I didn't want to switch over my driver's license and cards. My big wallet is from Aldo, and it holds the cards that I need, but not on a daily basis. This wallet is really great and high quality. My small wallet is from Jack & Jones, and it holds the cards I need to always have with me, some change, any money bills I have, and right now, a Tim Hortons gift card! 



The next thing I pulled out was one my of my card pouches, so I fished out my other two from the bottom of my purse. The first pouch used to hold my Oyster Card from back when I went on a trip to London, but now it holds my rewards cards from tons of different stores. And by tons, I mean 17. It makes it easier to just throw this little pouch in my purse so I can whip it out at a store rather than raving through my purse/wallet. The next two pouches, both are from University of Ottawa (from back when I went there). The black one holds my school related cards: school ID's, U-pass, International student card, etc. The red one holds coupons... I like to be prepared. 



Then, my Urban Decay Little Perversions case. This came with a trial set of different UD products, but I use it for my little travel pharmacy. I keep everything from motion sickness tablets, to Advil, to Polysporin, Halls, Band-aids, DayQuil, and lotssss more. There is nothing worse than being out without the ability to take care of a sickness/pain that it bothering you.



The next thing, and possibly one of the most important, is a deck of cards. When I'm with friends, we can whip out a deck of cards and play just about anywhere. There hasn't been a day since my early youth years, that I haven't carried a deck of cards with me. I've gone through many a deck, and this one is pretty worn.

... Granola bars. Qaker Yogurt Granola bars, to be exact. I have two vanillas and a strawberry. These are one of my favourite kinds (my top favourite being Special K Cereal Bars in Strawberry flavour). I mean what more is there to say, people get hungry.



The next things, I categorized them together as "things with scent". For lotions, I have London Tulips Raspberry Tea (smells great!) from Bath & Body Works, and Crema de Mano TOCCA Cleopatra Grapefruit & Cucumber. I loooove TOCCA lotions. I use that one exclusively on my hands, and the B&BW one all over if I need it (like on my legs/arms). The next scented item is my Tokyo Milk Dark roll-on perfume in Wisdom No. 26, and this smells soo good, I find it smells slightly different each time you put it on. Finally, there's my Stress Relief hand sanitizer, also from Bath & Body Works. I can't describe the smell, but nothing is as helpful at calming me down as the smell of this hand sanitizer. 



Then, from my inner side pocket, I pulled out my trusty iPod. This is a 3rd generation iPod touch. It has no cameras, can't run anything higher than iOS 5. I use this only for music, and it has never let me down. I have my headphones wrapped around it.



And finally, the other inner side pocket. Here's a little disclaimer before I jump in: I collect lighters. Some people collect fridge magnets, others collect post cards, I collect lighters. The amount I have is nearing the triple digits. I don't "collect" lip balms, however, I have a lot. I'm very obsessive about lip balm and those who know me, know that I'd probably have lip balm as one of my desert island items. So anyways, here's what's in my other inner side pocket: two pens, a souvenir pocket knife from Toledo, Spain, two lighters (the Playboy one is from Madrid, The London Double-decker bus is from... London), 4 lip balms (one nivea, two soft lips, one from Bath & Body Works), a Chubby Stick from Clinique, and a Vicks VapoInhaler (which I don't think I could live without).

BUT WAIT, there's still the aforementioned outside pocket! In here, I keep my agenda. I was one of those kids throughout school that used the agenda we were given, religiously. I write absolutely everything down in my agenda. I don't use it as a decorative planner, or any sort of aesthetically pleasing journal, I use it to keep track of everyyyything. I managed to grab this one from Target before it closed down. I'm very particular about agendas: they need to have coils, but they can't be bigger than a certain diameter, the agenda has to be about the size of a paper folded in half, and there must be a full week displayed everytime you open it (3 days on one side, 4 on the other). And those are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my specifications.




I only carry makeup in my bag if I know I'm going to need it, like if I'm staying over at a friends house, because the things I would bring are part of my daily makeup routine so I wouldn't want to go fishing through my purse to use those things everyday.  

So these are the things I most typically carry around in my purse. Of course sometimes I'll throw a water bottle in there or maybe a pair of socks. But I hope you now have some insight and maybe some things you hadn't thought of before, for what to carry around with you. Thanks for reading! ♥